JANUARY 31, 2019
Dear ERBC Family,
God has blessed our church in some great ways over the past year. As we look toward 2019 – I believe the STEPPING OUT IN FAITH Special Offering represents an even greater opportunity to deepen our impact for Jesus in our community and around the world!
The Stepping Out In Faith Special Offering is an invitation to sacrificial giving, with a goal of $80,000 to support five important ministry initiatives:
- Global & U.S. Missions – supporting missionaries in the U.S. and around the world who are taking the Gospel to those in greatest need. In 2019 this will include sending a team from ERBC to work with our missionary in Mexico and supporting a new missionary family who are going to serve in the Philippines.
- Foster Family Care – supporting the children in foster care and the families who are helping them by hosting a Foster, Adoption, and Orphan Care summit at ERBC.
- Servant Evangelism – Servant Evangelism outreaches provides us with an opportunity to share God’s love by simply serving others in practical ways without asking or expecting anything in return.
- Helping The Poor In Our City and Around the World – By reaching out to the hungry and the homeless and helping to meet their spiritual and physical needs, we can fulfill part of what Jesus meant when he said, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
- Reaching The Next Generation – The average age of conversion today in the United States is 13. The earlier a person can be reached for Christ, the longer they can live for Him. If we’re going to fulfill the Great Commission we have to do everything we can to reach our children, our grandchildren, and their friends for Christ.
Will you begin praying now about what God would have you give (over and above your regular giving) to this Special Offering? Allow God to stretch your faith! Together, let’ s STEP OUT IN FAITH as never before!
Pastor Rick Mandl