At ERBC we hold the safety of our families and our children in the highest regard!
To ensure the protection of all our classrooms, volunteers and, especially, our children, our Family Ministries Team follows the following guidelines:
- All children are given a name tag with the following information:
- their name
- pertinent health information (such as allergies)
- a randomly generated code that matches the label given to the parent
- If any issues should arise with a child, the parent will receive a text message.
- The parent label is required for pick up of the child.
- Checking in can begin 20 minutes prior to each service!
- Our service times are 5:30 P.M Saturday night, and 9:00 am and 11:00 am Sunday mornings.
- A typical service will last around 1 hour to1hour and 20 minutes.
- Please come and pick up your child directly after service, and then feel free to head back out to our courtyard for coffee and conversation.
- There is a minimum of two volunteers in every room.
- Each room is equipped with First Aid supplies and clear emergency evacuation plans.
- No male volunteers are allowed to change diapers or take children to restrooms.
- For children ages 2 to Kindergarten, we practice minimal to no bathroom assistance.
- If a child does require assistance, a female volunteer will keep the bathroom stall door open at all times.
- 1st to 5th graders:
- The female volunteer walks the children to the restrooms and waits in the hallway.
- They must always go with a minimum group of 2 children.
- Parents who wish to stay in the classroom with their child are allowed to do so, but are not allowed to take any child to the restroom or change any diaper.
ERBC uses the following procedures in selecting volunteers for any Family Ministries area. Each prospective volunteer must do the following:
- Fill out an extensive volunteer application.
- Pass a thorough background check, which includes state and FBI checks.
- Submit 2 character references.