A Day of Fasting & Prayer
Join us on November 1st for a day of Fasting and Prayer for our nation!
God is calling us to pray for a revival of God’s presence in our country and in our communities.
Communal prayer will be held on Zoom at 3pm.
Contact email@example.com for the Zoom link.
After fasting forty days and forty nights, he [Jesus] was hungry. -Matthew 4:2
“…I proclaimed a fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions… So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer.” -Ezra 8:21-23
“Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” -Joel 2:12
What Are We Praying For?
1.Election outcomes, to trust God is in control of our nation and it’s future, and for wisdom, discernment in our government
2. Restoration and reconciliation in our cities around the country
3. The next generation and their future
4. Add personal prayers
How To Fast With Us For This Event:
1. Prepare your heart the week before through prayer and planning for one day’s fast. You may need to plan an intentionally slow morning and early afternoon so you don’t overwhelm your body while you are fasting. If you need to fast something other than food for health reasons, ask God for discernment to decide what you will fast.
2. Begin fasting:
– Start the day with prayer for our nation, for the election, for the next generation… etc.
– Anytime you are tempted to consume or do the thing you are fasting, refocus your mind on Jesus and pray for any of the prayer points we are lifting up.
– Take time at lunch to pray for our prayer points
3. Join us for our 3pm Zoom call. Contact Raquel at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link
4. Continue praying throughout the day. The fasting portion is over after the Zoom call, but please continue praying throughout the rest of the day every time you partake of the item you fasted from. You can also pray before you go to bed.
We ask you to please fast responsibly.
We encourage you to fast from food and sweets, but if for health reasons you cannot fast from food, there are many alternatives.
Here are some examples:
- processed food and/or sweets
- coffee and beverages other than water
- fast from food on the lunch hour only
- social media
- video games
- cell phone
- foul language/gossip/angry outbursts
Thanks for joining us in this petition to God for our nation! We hope and pray it is as much a blessing for you as it is for God and our nation!
*This event is hosted by ERBC Next Gen Ministries. Contact Raquel at email@example.com for more info.