Forgiveness may be one of the most misused, misapplied and misunderstood words in our culture.
How well do you understand it?
Take a short quiz by answering true or false to the following statements:
• A person should not be forgiven until they ask for it
• Forgiving minimizes the offense and the pain it caused
• Forgiveness includes restoring trust and resuming the relationship
• You haven’t really forgiven until you’ve forgotten
• When you see somebody hurt, it’s your duty to forgive the offender
If you study the Bible you’ll find that all five of those statements are false!
Before we can understand what forgiveness is, we need to come to grips with what it is not. These are just a few of the things we’ll be examining during our new teaching series on forgiveness.
Journeying with you,
Click here to listen to our sermons online!